Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
At McGlone Mortgage Group, we foster an environment that enables our Mortgage Loan Originators to focus on our borrowers’ individual financial needs. Our borrower-focused philosophy empowers our staff and provides them with the tools necessary to provide the best customer service the mortgage industry can offer. As a growing leader in the mortgage industry, McGlone Mortgage Group is actively seeking experienced professionals as well as eager, fast learning individuals to join our staff in a number of established and prospective locations. We truly value our employees and promote an exceptional environment where our staff thrives and, as a result our borrowers benefit.
Main Job Responsibilities
A Mortgage Loan Originator assists borrowers by determining the proper loan program to fit their financial needs. To begin the loan process, they complete the loan application and gather the necessary paperwork, including pay stubs, tax returns and bank statements. A credit report is obtained and analyzed by the Originator. During the mortgage loan process, the Mortgage Loan Originator communicates with the appraiser, title officer, escrow officer, loan processor, and underwriter to facilitate the quick and smooth closing of the transaction.
• Locking loans with the Secondary Marketing Department
• Engaging in marketing efforts to increase business from client and referral bases. This includes maintaining any personally developed network of referral sources, past borrowers served by the MLO, and current loan applicants working with the MLO
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and organize priorities in a fast paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Strong analytical skills, combined with sound judgment and decision making abilities
• Have solid customer service values with the ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to all those involved in the transaction
• Ability to work independently making sales calls on existing and potential customer referral sources
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent - Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Prior to engaging in loan origination activities, MLOs must be properly licensed with the NMLS and the state (if applicable)
• Must meet continuing education requirements as set forth by each state and the NMLS
• Keep current on FHA/VA/USDA/Conventional changes and guidelines as communicated by underwriting, operations or external sources
• Strong computers skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite
This information is a summary of the Mortgage Loan Originator position.
McGlone Mortgage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.