Warm your spirit with this easy-to-make mulled apple cider. It’s the perfect fall drink! Whether you’ve just raked leaves from the yard or you’re having guests over for Thanksgiving, you can put together this beverage is just a few minutes. You can adjust the amount of each ingredient based on the number of people you’re serving.
- 2 quarts (8 cups) fresh apple cider
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks (use additional sticks for garnish)
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 apple, sliced thinly (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Simmer longer for stronger flavor, if desired.
- Remove orange slices, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and anise. Pour into mugs and garnish with extra cinnamon sticks and apple slices. Serve hot.
Yield 8 servings.